Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Silly Thankful List

I am thankful for the silly things:

Oddly enough, this is not me.


Baggy jeans o better accommodate the food baby I will be growing today.


My uncanny ability about being right in my predictions about certain relationships. In real life and in reality TV.


Olive oil. Where would I be without it?



Concealer for the bags under my eyes.




Cam and Mitchell; they are our relationship doppelganger.





Cheese, the one snack that placates my son



Vacuum cleaner, for its ability to entertain my son.






The knots in my back; they hold my stress really well.


My kitchenaid mixer; for years it's been tricking people into believing that I'm a good baker.

Pinterest, for making me feel creative without having to do anything at all except waste time.





Baby wipes, they clean more than just bums!



Towels; laying one on the floor and walking away can cover a multitude of sins.



NPR; making me feel smarter for a long time now.




David Sedaris, he helped me feel better about the weird thoughts I think and that if maybe I write them down I too could be a famous author.




All the daily deal emails I get, they help me burn through money by making me think I'm getting a good deal on purchasing something on sale that I normally never would have bought.




Our iPad and all the apps on it. 

Husband's nose hair trimmer, they keep his mustache and nose hair from becoming one.


Both cats because they teach us humility.

Coffee as it truly is a life blood.




Raffi, the one children's music singer who doesn't make me want to bang my head on the dashboard of our car.


Naps, or as I like to call it, Thanksgiving dinner halftime.


Seriously though, I'm thankful that I am so blessed I can sit down and do a silly Thanksgiving list. 







post signature

2 comments:

Sweaty said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Gin! You have a very comprehensive list there, gf ;) Just goes on to show how very blessed you are. Sending you lots of love and warm hugs this holiday season!

ninalazina said...

I am with you with the vacuum cleaner, my godson loves it. Keeps him happy until his mum turns it off.
www.ninalazina.info

Home