Monday, November 21, 2011

Quinoa: The 8th Wonder of the {Food} World


Have y'all ever had quinoa  before? We've been on a "get healthier" journey the past month, therefore I have been looking for healthier alternatives when I cook.

(A little aside: quinoa is pronounced "keen-wa."  One day I was looking at my mom's quinoa and asked her what is "ky-noah" and she thought that was hilarious.  Oh, ignorant Gin.  She's hilarious.)

I have found an awesome healthier alternative in quinoa. This awesome whole grain is actually a seed and can be cooked much like rice, but quicker. It reminds me of couscous in texture.

It's lovely to know that I'm getting awesome protein with this little grain, as well as a serving of whole grains. I love it so much, I've tried some amazing recipes with it.


We love us some burgers round these parts and while this burger can't be compared to an actual juicy burger, it makes me think of polenta. Only more delicious and filling.


I haven't made this one yet but will make it for our upcoming Thanksgiving festivities. Hello; it calls for cream cheese. Of course it's going to be delicious.


This one is a new family favorite and one my husband requests all the time. We eat it as a main course and I cut the mayo by a tablespoon or too. It's so creamy, so rich...loaded with broccoli.

If you ever get stumped for ways to cook with quinoa, this blogger gives you ten ways to make it.

Have you ever cooked with quinoa?

(And yes, I found all my delicious quinoa recipes on Pinterest.  Follow my Pinterest food board here.)

post signature

1 comment:

Sweaty said...

I love quinoas! I usually ate them in cold salad form... they're both crunchy and chewy at the same time. Very fulfilling, yet healthy! Love 'em!

Home