Thursday, December 1, 2011

5 Things

5 Things You Don't Know About Me

1. During my 13 years in the public school system, I changed schools nine times. Those life-long childhood friends? I don't have those.

2. I'm a talented basketball player. I can't run fast but I can shoot the lights out of the ball. I can also dribble the basketball just as well with my left hand as my right hand.

3. I've had stitches three times, all before the age of 4. Twice it was around my eyes and once on my left forefinger.

4. I can quote any Friends episode you throw at me.

5. I am a highly opinionated person when it comes to politics.

5 Things I'm Knowledgeable About

1. Third grade math curriculum. I have all the standards memorized.

2. My son. I can tell you anything you want to know.

3.  Jackie O.  You know how some girls wanted to look like Britney Spears in high school?  I wanted to look like Jackie O.

4.  Basketball.  I like to look at offensive plays and defensive plays and decide how to make them better.

5.  Spanish grammar.  I know Spanish grammatical rules better than I know English grammatical rules.

5 Things I Know Nothing About

1.  Soccer.  I love to watch it being played but I don't understand it.

2.  The math my husband teaches.  He'll explain problems to me and I'll just smile and nod, smile and nod.

3.  Marketing.  I wish I had a knack for selling myself and this blog but I don't.  That's okay.  This is my art.

4.  Photography.  I can point and click, no doubt.  But artistic shots?  Nope.

5.  Cooking fish.  My husband would prefer I not learn, either.

5 Things I Believe

1.  I believe that the now is happy and the ending is perfect.

2.  I believe that a good cup of coffee and a book are the perfect stress reliever.

3.  I believe that birds are always up to no good.

4.  I believe that education starts in the home.  Read to your kids and show them the world, it will make all the difference.

5.  I believe that your legs can always go another day without being shaved.

Linking up to Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

post signature

5 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

love this!

Nicole said...

Amen to the last item. :)

Anonymous said...

...and it's posts like this that make you so awesome!

I can quote ANY Will Ferrell movie, just so you know.

Jamie said...

I LOVE the things you believe. :) I think squirrels are always up to no good, too. ;)

Gretchen said...

visiting from Mama Kat's...I LOVE every one of your answers. Great post!!

Home