Friday, February 26, 2010

God Bless You, Dr. Seuss!

Today we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday at school. I thought I'd share some of my favorite Seuss quotes:

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
(Oh, The Places You'll Go)


"A person's a person, no matter how small."
(Horton Hears a Who)

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You."
(Happy Birthday to You)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

I just love Dr. Seuss. Not only does he promote fluency and prosody for young readers, his messages are wonderful. Happy birthday Dr. Seuss!

No comments:

Home