Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Reasons I Love the Week Before Christmas Break

I love this time of year working in a school. There is so much going on and the kids' excitement is almost palpable. This is not to say that their behavior is great; they're little and it's almost Christmas, so it takes awhile to subdue them. Learning? Well, if you can put a holiday spin on it, it's more likely to get done.

However, the part I love the most are the fun things the TEACHERS do this time of year. This week we've had Secret Santa, so I've given and received a cute gift everyday. This morning, my Secret Santa gave me breakfast tacos, so, we can conclude I had a very satisfying morning. :)We also did a cookie swap with a white elephant Christmas ornament swap. So fun! I have tons of cookies for the holidays and a cute new ornament.

The funniest thing that happened today? One of my more "challenging" students, behavior-wise, seemed to wise up to the fact that Santa is coming soon. I realize this because all of a sudden, he began to shower me with compliments. "Oh, Mrs. Kelsey, you're the best teacher. And the prettiest. And your baby is going to be the cutest baby in the world." After the first two statements, I just smiled and said "thank you." After the third statement, I looked right at him and said, "I completely agree."

Two days til break!!!

No comments:

Home