Monday, October 12, 2009

17 Weeks! A Week in the Life of Our Precious Baby

I am one day late with the "week in the life" series because yesterday the hubs and I took off for the Flippen Ranch, where my uncle turned 60! It was great seeing all my family and the other pregnant gals in the family. There are three of us that are pregnant and we're all due with a month of each other. Crazy! We had fun despite the chilly wet temps and can't wait to see everyone again for Christmas. We were joking because by that time, the three prego gals will need to be in the very front of the line when it's time for food. Somehow, my dad always manages to be first these days, but trust me, he is no match for three gestating women!

This week our sweet little baby's cartilage is forming into bone! I better stock up on calcium, that's for sure. He or she also weighs about 5 ounces and is around 5 inches long. Aw. Little cutie. Little baby can move it's joints and it's sweat glands are starting to develop.

I also read that your dreams can indicate how you are feeling emotionally. This article said that a lot of women dream about adopting little pets and that's a sign that you're getting yourself prepared for motherhood. What's funny is I dreamt that I adopted a baby kitten just a few days ago. So, that's a good sign. I also dream that I go to the hospital and deliver the baby, and when the nurse hands me the baby I say, "that's not my baby." However, it's really not my baby because it's the size of a three year old. So weird.

Tomorrow I have a regular ob/gyn appointment and then, two weeks from tomorrow...we find out if it's a boy or a girl. Don't forget to vote!

1 comment:

Tara said...

When do we get to see the belly? : )

Home