Monday, May 4, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

You grow your fingernails out! Since this swine flu business started, I have become extremely aware of germs and how they are spread. Since I am super concerned with not getting swine flu, I have quit putting my fingers in my mouth. Now, I'm not the kind of girl who walks around sucking on her own fingers in the middle of the day, but I do bite my nails. Nasty habit I know, but it's a hard one to break. I also tear on my cuticles and that's not great either. I mean, it does save me money on manicures because why would I bother?

However, swine flu and other sicknesses for that matter are spread through germs on the hands. Hands go in your mouth, germs go in your mouth, now you're screwed. So, in the past week my nails have gotten pretty long. So, life hands you lemons (swine flu) and you make lemonade (long nails).

1 comment:

Megan said...

hhmmm....something to think about! I, of course, bite my nails as well and I'm needing a reason to quit. Since the swine flu closed a school down 1 mile from my place, I guess now is as good of a time as any! Thanks for the idea Gin!

Home