Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Traveling

Tomorrow, Matt and I leave for South Carolina.

This has been a stressful week because we've been running around; getting sub plans ready, getting next week's plans ready, getting luggage packed and making sure everything is ready for when we get back.

I just finished packing; it's 7:45. I just have a few more things that I'll need to pack tomorrow. I took a half day, I plan on getting a pedicure and making sure we get to the airport on time.

Matt is vacuuming right now. Not packing. Has not touched his suitcase. Does not know what time he'll be home tomorrow.

But babe, I say, the plane leaves at 3:50. When do you think you'll be home? Around 3:00 he says. My heart stops. But babe, I say, aren't you going to pack tonight? Eh, I don't know he says. My heart stops.

And that was the end of our conversation.

Matt and I are to very different animals when it comes to traveling. I am uptight about making sure everything is just so before I leave. I make lists, I check them and I make a revised list after that. Ideally, I like to be at the airport two hours early. I always get nervous when waiting in line because I just know I'm not going to make it in time for my flight. Matt is not this way. He goes with the flow, takes his time and knows "things will work out in the end."

We're married now and as much as I'd just like to be the boss and have him do everything I say when it comes to packing, airports and traveling, I just can't. Ultimately, it would take all the fun out of it. For him, anyway. I think even if he were to listen to everything I say, I would still be a nervous wreck because I hate flying in general.

However, he will be the one to make the call if we do not make the flight.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey girl. Have a fun & safe trip. I just added the link to Sara Beck's blog on our site. Thought you might want to check it out.

Home