My friend T tagged me in her blog and now I'm supposed to write six random things about myself. So, here goes:
1. I love all things pumpkin. When Starbucks brings back the pumpkin spice latte in the fall, it's the most glorious occasion. I also really love Thanksgiving because it's the season for pumpkin pastries. My mother in law in Iowa makes the best pumpkin brownies. I also love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones...in my opinion, you can't go wrong with pumpkin.
2. I have a fear of birds. I wouldn't call it debilitating, but it does affect my behavior in public. I am afraid they will swoop me and peck me or poop on me. All those things have happened and I don't particularly want them to happen again. Seagulls and ostriches are the worst for me.
3. I do this thing that I call "comfort reading." Whenever I'm feeling down or have a bad day, I turn to my comfort reading. Mainly, that comfort reading is Harry Potter books. I know I can pick up any of the seven books and all will be fine after about a half hour of reading. It works every time.
4. I have had stitches three times. Twice on my face and once on my finger. All three times were before I had turned four. I was a crazy, hyperactive kid. My poor mother.
5. When I was in kinder, my teacher recommended I be put in special ed. She told my mom I would never read. My mom refused to accept that and worked and worked with me and wouldn't you know, even though I was the last in my kinder class to learn to read, I read and now, I do this thing called "comfort reading", I have a college degree, I speak two languages and I'm a teacher. That's why in my room I hesitate recommending any child for special ed testing until I have exhausted all other interventions.
6. I call my cat Meowcito. I sing a song to him in Spanish called "Como andas, Meowcito?". I made it up myself and he responds to it. I've since shortened the nickname to "Cito" and sometimes "Cito-pito". I know, that's crazy weird.
I think I'm now supposed to tag three more people: Julie McG, Mollye and M'chelle...y'all are it!