Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Counting Calories Just Got Easier

I have mentioned before that sometimes I have to guesstimate for different foods when I'm counting the calories in them. This is all well and good but it is what it is. It's not an exact science. Well, my lovely mother-in-law, Mama J, sent me an awesome scale. This scale rocks. All I have to do is turn it on, place whatever it is I'm about to eat on it, and enter in the code for it and it tells you the calories in it, according to weight. For example, a banana has 162 calories. Five strawberries? 45 calories. An apple? 92 calories. You can weigh more than fruit, but that's all I've done so far. We registered for it, much to my husband's dismay. I remember him saying in the middle of Target, "whose going to buy us this?" Well, my mother-in-law bought it for me. So, thanks Mama J. You rock!

No comments:

Home