Thursday, July 19, 2012

Four Years

Four years.

One thousand, four hundred sixty days.

Thirty five thousand, forty hours.

That's how long we've been married on this day.




One day not too long ago, I was driving to work and I saw an elderly couple out in their front yard, each doing yardwork.  The old white haired man was trimming the shrubs that bordered their little porch, and the little white haired woman was watering the grass.

I thought, That's the goal.  That's what I want.

I want to be the little old lady watering the lawn with my husband.  After the kids are gone, work is finished and life gets a little slower, I want Matt there with me at my side.  I want to live this life with him and see it through it's every phase.  Lucky me; we said those vows and we're in it to win it.  One day, that will be us.  My husband.  My partner. My rock.

Four years of marriage.  They have flown, they have been eventful, they have been fulfilling.

I can't wait for the next four, the next eight, the next sixteen.

Happy anniversary, MGK.  I la la love you, don't mean maybe.



post signature

2 comments:

Mama Up! said...

Aw, I want the BabbyDaddy and I to be cute old people, too :)

Ducky said...

Lots and lots of congrats! I love awesome love that plasters that goofy smile on your face for the entire day. Hope you celebrated well!

Home