Monday, February 27, 2012

How to Tell if Your Child is the Next Big Thing in Modern Art

We're all looking to make a buck off our kid. Today, I share a checklist of characteristics on how to tell if your child is the next modern art sensation.

Does he take off all his clothes to perfect his craft?
Check.
Does he use unconventional methods to transfer the paint to canvas?



Check.

Does he pace the canvas back and forth?
Check.


Is he unafraid of getting dirty?
Check.


Does he have precious feet?
Check.


Is he unhindered by things like staying on the canvas?
Check.


Does he use a lot of paint?
Check.


Does he look over his work with a yawn of satisfaction, knowing that this piece will be the next masterpiece featured at the Met?
Check.

If you answered yes to seven out of the eight questions above, you just might have the next big thing to hit the modern art scene.

post signature

4 comments:

Marie Noelle Marineau said...

OMG, he IS the next big thing in modern art! You're so lucky ;)

Unknown said...

That is awesome! You are one brave mama to let him do that. It looks like he had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the finished masterpiece.

Eve said...

Move over Picasso, Toph is taking over the art scene! Love this, Gin. I have yet to let my boy do this at home. You're a brave soul, amiga. I would be so worried about my hardwood floors and walls! We took Handsome to a painting class over the summer and he LOVED it. They had a large plexi glass wall where the kids could just have at it with loads and loads of brightly colored paint. We had to drag him from the class kicking and screaming (no joke) when it was over. It was crazy!

Mama Up! said...

Wow. You make me feel inadequate as a messy mom. Like I thought I was doing pretty well at being a free spirit and live and let live, but nope. I'm apparently still wound pretty tightly ;)

Home