Monday, May 9, 2011

RMRS: Mother's Day Edition

I hope everyone had as great a Mother's Day weekend as I did. Got my hair done, my face scrubbed and my hands moisturized. My hubs cooked breakfast twice for me this weekend (my favorite meal of the day and yet too many days I go without it). I even slept in until 8:30am Saturday. Toph was amazing this weekend; his teething bout seems to have passed and he was nothing but smiles, hugs and mischief. He is giving hugs now, which coincidentally turn my heart into putty for him to mold in the palm of his hand.

On Mother's Day, we went to Michael's and Lowe's where we bought supplies for upcoming projects we're working on around the house.

Want to see what I wore while we were out and about? The last time I wore this dress was on our honeymoon in the Mayan Riviera:






That is coffee I have in my hand; I LOVED all the coffee shops down there. And yes, I look a tad different. Here is what the dress looks like on me now, almost three years and one baby later.


Don't you love the bag? I also carried this on our honeymoon. Here it is on our honeymoon:




Um, that is NOT coffee that I have in my hand;
our resort was ALL-INCLUSIVE,
if you get my drift.


And, here it is again, {almost} three years later:

Now for a close-up of the jewelry:

Here is me and my sweet little boy, the reason this day was so awesome:
Well, at least Toph looks cute.  Look at that tummy!


And, in case you were wondering, here is what my weekend breakfasts looked like:





Since we were eating banana pancakes, we set 'ol Jack Johnson up next to Toph so he could jam out  to the song "Banana Pancakes" while eating his delicious breakfast.



How was your Mother's Day?

Linking up to:
Momma Go Round and the pleated poppy blog
post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like an amazing weekend :) Glad you had such an amazing time celebrating you and the life you helped create!

Anonymous said...

Happy mamas day to you! Glad you got spoiled and hope you felt amazing in your dress! You looked it!

Your hair looks darling too...can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Home