Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Interior Design with a Toddler

"My house is me and I am it. 
My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams." 

Hubs and I love our home.
We love to decorate it; we love to be in it.
We're what you would call homebodies.
However, we've noticed that now that Toph is fully mobile, our design style has changed a bit.


 The cords to our blinds are now hung up on a nail next to window.
If we don't hang them up, Toph likes to hold on to them like he's rappelling down a mountain cliff.


 Our curtains (made by my lovely mama) looped around the curtain rod because Toph fancies himself Tarzan and will swing from them while saying, "Wheeeeee!"

The ottoman is pushed against the surround sound equipment,
while the toy box is pushed to the middle of the room to try 
and distract him from the surround sound.
(It didn't work.)
(I know you're jealous of our cardboard toy box/play pen.)

The big comfy chair is pushed against the entry to the stairwell because
he broke the baby gate.
As you can see, he quickly found something else to get into in the form
of my coffee and beloved iPad.

And you can see that he's not thrilled with being thwarted so many times.
I'm confident he'll think of a thousand more things tomorrow to get into.

Yes, our sense of design may have changed a bit.
But not our sense of home.  
We bought it when he was a mere twinkle in our eye;
unwittingly, we were building it for him the entire time.
 "My house is me and I am it. My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams."
--"The Big Orange Splot" by Daniel Manus Pinkwater


1 comment:

lvrana said...

Love it! We have all been in your shoes....:)

Home