Friday, July 23, 2010

My Husband Rocks

My husband rocks because even though he was soooo nervous the day we took our baby home from the hospital, he was still able to make jokes. Which I am now able to laugh at. In the moment, I was not laughing. No...there are many levels of stank in my voice when I said the word, "Honey." I was feeling like crap as the day before I'd squeezed out a 7lb, 14oz baby. Plus, I was going on about 12 hours of sleep in a 72 hour period. Yep, stank. But that didn't deter my funny husband. Now I can watch that little video and treasure it as our baby's first ride in the car and I'm so glad we have it on video.



I read a really great blog about marriage and I really wanted to share it. I've never heard anyone fully articulate what marriage means until I read this blog post.

“Marriage is a vocation. It is a task to which you are called. If it is a task, it means you work at it. It is not something which happens. You hear the call, you answer, you accept the task, you enter into it willingly and eagerly, you commit yourself to its disciplines and responsibilities and limitations and privileges and joys. You concentrate on it, giving yourself to it day after day in a lifelong Yes.” --Elisabeth Elliot, Let Me Be a Woman, p. 102

I am so thankful to be living my lifelong Yes to my Matt.

No comments:

Home