Thursday, July 22, 2010

Four Month Doctor's Visit

Today we Toph to the pedi for his four month well visit. He is up to 15.1 pounds (50th percentile) and 25 and 3/4 inches (75th percentile). The doc is pleased with his progress and so am I. She checked him all over and he was squirming all over the place and at one point he rolled over to his tummy and put the white table paper in his mouth. She also showed us he can sit up unassisted if he is propping himself, which we didn't know. He squealed his crazy loud squeal during most of the appointment, which the doctor thought was hilarious. It is pretty hilarious, that kid can get LOUD.

One thing that surprised me was that she highly discouraged me from feeding him solids at this point. She asked me a lot of questions about how he acted during the two feedings he's had and basically said he's probably not ready. I have gotten wonderful advice from friends and family about solid feeding, so I said to myself that I was still going to try it, if he was ready. Tonight's feeding did not go well at all, with him not swallowing what I gave him and then fussing after only about five minutes of trying. So, I think we'll put the rice cereal away for a few weeks and come back to it. Like I said, my baby prefers nursing above all else.

Of course we had those ugly shots too. He did the goat cry but it didn't take too long to console him. He took a nice long nap when we got home and then he nursed. He's turning into such a big boy!

No comments:

Home