Saturday, March 6, 2010

Letter to Lulu

Dear Lulu,

Right now you are sitting here with me, wiggling up a storm. In the next couple of weeks, your daddy and I will be taking you home with us and our lives will never be the same again.

I just want to tell you how much I love you. I have been waiting for you for a long time, even before I was pregnant. Your daddy is my best friend and we didn't think our house could be any more full of love than it already is, but that was before we knew we were having you. We love you more than you could ever know; it runs deep into our core and makes us love each other more, if that makes sense.

We have a long road ahead of us! You're my first baby and I'll be honest; I won't always know what to do. Daddy won't always know what to do. But every decision we make from here on out will be what we think is best for you. You haven't even been born yet and I already dread how fast you will grow up. I promise to evolve my parenting as you grow, but rest assured that you will always be my baby. You will always be the tiny infant the doctor placed in my arms. So, while I promise to raise you according to your age, I will always be a little biased. Forgive me now when I don't let you do certain things, when I call too much or when I set an early curfew. I promise I will do all of those things, because I love you so much. You are my baby and I will love you forever.

Welcome to our family, Lulu! It's like you've always been here and I haven't even laid eyes on you. I know when I do I will never take my eyes off you again. You're our girl.
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Home