Sunday, March 7, 2010

38 Weeks! Lulu's Penultimate Week in the Womb (Hopefully!)

Well, I wish that all baby books and all ob/gyns would not tell pregnant ladies that they are considered full term at 37 weeks. Everyday I have been waking up and saying, "Is today the day?" So has my poor husband. If I call at a time I normally wouldn't call, he answers with a certain strain in his voice. It really does feel like a waiting game now, the best one of my life.

This week Lulu continues to grow and squirm and wriggle around. She is most definitely running out of room in there. There have been a few occasions where I've looked at my stomach and seen a very disconcerting lump, only to realize it's either a knee or an elbow. I also saw the outline of her fingers poking up the other day while in the bath. Talk about a mixture of awe and disbelief. I'll be honest; while wonderful, it was also weird.

I've also had pretty consistent Braxton Hicks contractions. They occur mostly when I change positions or go from sitting to standing or when I walk (waddle) fast. One thing I can live without: this past week it's like people just know it's a waiting game so they say things to me like, "oh my gosh, you're still here??" I then have to grimace and say I don't know what else I'd do, and that the baby's still not due for a couple of weeks. There is one gal at work who is so sweet but I kid you not, every day she says to me, "Still? Nothing?" I then remind her every day that my due date is not until March 21, that the baby is not at all late.

This whole weekend my hubs has an educational conference to attend so I've basically had the house to myself. Yesterday I went to my mom's house while she worked on Lulu's layette. I mentioned earlier that I couldn't find any bedding that I liked, and my mom showed me a pattern that she bought a couple of years ago for a nursery set. I loved it; so hubs and I picked out the material and now she's working furiously to get it finished. I am so excited to post pictures of it; it's gorgeous and just the thing I wanted. My mom is a very talented seamstress, not to mention very giving because this nursery set is labor intensive. I just love her.

Next week this post will come during our Spring Break! A year ago we were getting ready to fly into Des Moines for a visit with Matt's dad and stepmom. I can't believe it's been a year since we've seen them; hopefully, it won't be too much longer until we see them again...maybe they'll make a trip down here when their granddaughter gets here? (Hint hint, Gene and Lisa.)

Below is one of the gifts we received for Lulu. We're going to hang it right above her door. My teammate's husband made this for our girl.

No comments:

Home