Thursday, November 26, 2009

When I Started Counting My Blessings, My Whole Life Turned Around

Today is a day to give thanks for all that we have been blessed with. I am thankful for so, so much, and then some.

  • I am thankful for my wonderful husband. Every day I love him more than the day before. We laugh together on a daily basis. He is my match and I am so thankful I have him to share this life with.
  • I am thankful for the little baby growing inside me. I am so anxious to meet her and am so thankful that she and I have had a healthy pregnancy. I pray that it continues that way.
  • I am thankful for our house that we bought. This is truly our home and we have had so much home getting it just the way we want it to be (slowly but surely).
  • I am thankful for my mom. She is so kind and gentle and she laughs at my jokes. And she is oh so pretty.
  • I am thankful for my dad. He is loud and boisterous and laughs at everyone's jokes. And he is so excited to meet his granddaughter.
  • I am thankful for my sister. She is funny and driven and makes me laugh very hard. And she is so excited to meet her niece.
  • I am thankful for every single one of my in-laws. They have changed my life in ways that they will never know. They are so supportive of us, no matter what the distance. And of course, whenever we get together, we laugh and we laugh A LOT.
  • I am thankful for laughter.
  • I am thankful for Pippen. He is almost always in good spirits and spends the majority of his time purring.
  • I am thankful for my job. It puts food on the table and gives me somewhere to go everyday. It challenges me to be better than yesterday, even when I'm oh so tired.
  • I am thankful for our abundance of food. I live in a world where I don't have to want for life's basic necessities, while so many do have to want for those. It's a humbling thought and one that should not be taken for granted.
  • I am thankful that I can turn on the tap and get clean water. I drink A LOT of water but there are some who do not have that option.
  • I am thankful for my grandma. She's going on 81 and is still shelling pecans and hosting her family. She is a blessing to us all.
  • I am thankful for my Aunt Melissa. She suffered a massive aneurysm explosion on Oct. 27 and not only lived to tell the tale, but is up and moving and completely cognizant. We have an awesome God and I thank Him everyday for her life.
  • I am thankful for maternity pants, not only because they accomodate my growing belly, but also because they will accomodate a tummy who plans on throwing down today during dinner.
  • I am thankful for Keri and M'Chelle and am excited when our babies are old enough to entertain all of us at the ranch.
  • I am thankful for the Fleener's, they continue to serve as an example to me and to thousands of others. God's light shines out of them, even in times of tragedy. Continue to pray for them, as they are "minus one" this holiday season.
  • I am thankful for turkey brine...
  • I am thankful for inside jokes that I share with my husband. Half the time, people have no clue what we're laughing about, but we do.
  • I am thankful for coffee, even though I have not tasted it since July. When the time comes, we will have quite a reunion.
  • I am thankful for friends. They are great gals.
  • I am thankful for books. This week I have already read two books. I love to read.
  • I am thankful for Edward Cullen. You can have Bella.

I have so much more to be thankful for. I will spend this day laughing, eating and of course, giving thanks.

No comments:

Home