Sunday, October 4, 2009

16 Weeks! A Week in the Precious Life of Baby K

Today our little baby has been in utero for 16 weeks...also known as 4 months! Woo hoo, I am four months pregnant!

What's going on this week? Well, babycenter.com says that baby is about the size of an avocado and that it's getting ready to have a growth spurt over the next few weeks. Baby now has toenails (ha, that makes me think of Juno) and his or her little heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. Wow! That's alot. Baby's eyes and ears are almost in their final positions and it's legs are almost fully developed. It's getting cuter by the second.

As for me, I am on the whole feeling good. I get exhausted and hungry very easily and I have been fighting off headaches that are inhumanly painful. They're the kinds of headaches that even whey they go away, my head feels sore from having them. I am starting to "pop out", which means people can finally tell that I'm pregnant. Heck, I can finally tell that I'm pregnant. For awhile, I looked like I was in sort of a pregnant/fatty limbo. I'll post a photo of my tummy later.

In other news, the anticipation of finding out if our baby is a boy or girl is drawing near! Our doctor told us he checks for that at 19 weeks, so we're getting close. I think the baby is a boy (I'm basing it off wives tales; I'm eating a ton of protein and could care less for sweets). Hubs think the baby is a girl (because of my headaches and the way I'm carrying, which is low...he does his research too!). I at least know one of us is right. And we both know it's definitely a baby!
What do you think we're having??

1 comment:

Mollye said...

Honestly, I really think you're gonna have a boy. I'd be happy for both, but I have a hunch it's a boy. Good ole Kristopher Gene...well I guess he won't be ole...but you get my point ;D

Home