Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No Doubt About It, I'm Really Pregnant

I don't know if other expectant moms have gone through this, but these past three months I have of course been very excited. However, I've also been a little...doubtful. Like, any day now, the doctor is going to tell me he made a mistake, I'm not pregnant and that I should expect my period tomorrow. I have even dreamed about this. I'm the kind of girl that likes proof. To me, proof needs to be concrete. And, while I have been gagging my head off in a comatose state, I've never had any proof that I'm knocked up.

My friends, that proof came today through the most breathtaking, enamoring sound.

I heard my baby's heartbeat today! Not only do I have proof, but I came away with this feeling that has been bubbling up inside me for the past 13 weeks. I love this baby so much that it hurts. I love this baby so much it takes my breath away and makes me stand still. I love this baby so much it makes me feel dumb. I always have words to describe how I feel and I consider myself to be a very literate person. Without a doubt, I have no words for how I feel about this baby. It's just this feeling that is radiating through me. I can't tell you how much I love my baby. Sometimes the word love just doesn't seem right.

Let's see: only 26 weeks and five days to go!

No comments:

Home