10 things about my past:
- I was born in Austin, TX on Aug. 19, 1982
- I was raised on our family's ranch, the Flippen Ranch, until I was 6.
- I played basketball all through middle school and high school and thought myself to be very good at it, when in reality, I was mediocre at best.
- My parents divorced when I was 15.
- I am the oldest of two kids (my sister is 25 months younger than me.)
- I lived in Texas until I was 16, then moved to Durango, CO.
- Yellow was totally my favorite color in high school.
- I had a biting problem in kindergarten.
- I had a cat named Otto growing up. She loved me, even though I lacked a gentle nature.
- In my 13 years of public schooling, I attended 9 different schools. We moved a lot.
- I believe myself to be funny. I like to laugh and make others laugh.
- When I'm right, I'm right. That's the end of it.
- I empathize.
- I am caring, loving and kind.
- I am driven and when I want something, I am willing to work to get it.
- I am protective over my loved ones.
- I get picky about grammar and spelling. I have read some writing that has grammar and spelling mistakes beyond what is socially acceptable, and having read said writing I worry about that person.
- I worry about silly things sometimes.
- I am quick and efficient and have little time for time-wasting. (Except on vacations and when it is called for.)
- I am tolerant of everything except intolerance.
10 random things I love:
- grilled sandwiches (thank you Grandma Funk, best wedding gift ever)
- word puzzles, hubs and I killed a whole 3 hour plane ride solving those things.
- playing hand and foot with my family in Iowa.
- our green grass.
- the smell of play dough (the manufactured kind not the home-made kind)
- how my husband looks when he's lesson planning
- ice cold water
- beautiful, custom made curtains
- PS 22 Staten Island chorus (made up of 5th grade angels)
10 things I dislike/pet-peeves
- the word "panties"
- not having AC
- one uppers
- teachers who blame their inadequacies on their students
- Anne Coulter
- burnt eggs
- people who go running or to the gym with their hair down. what is that?
- people with bad grammar or spelling.
10 cool places I've been:
- Chichen Itza
- San Diego
- Grand Canyon
- Mountain View, Arkansas (Hey, it was cool)
- Las Vegas
- Portland, Oregon
- Mayan Riviera
- Boulder, CO
- get my master's
- develop this blog even more
- get our house exactly the way we want it
- have a couple of bambinos
- run a marathon (I will do it!)
- find a way to get all the funding my district needs.
- a really big bathtub with jets
- for hubs and I to start our own pre-collegiate development program in San Antonio
- learn another romantic language, like Italian or Portuguese
- to be a better person, a little better every day
1. favorite movie: The Royal Tenenbaums
2. favorite food: currently it's grilled sandwiches
3. favorite drink: coffee, water and wine
4. favorite color: blue
5. favorite number: 11
6. favorite season: fall, it's not like the leaves change here or anything but it does get nice and cool
7. favorite smell: cedar wood and fresh cut grass
8. favorite cookie: double chocolate chip
9. favorite clothing item: summer dresses
10. favorite animal: cat and turtle
10 things I'm proud of doing:
- getting my bachelor's degree
- becoming a teacher
- marrying mgk, the smartest thing I have done
- being a good wife, daughter, sister and friend
- buying a house
- being the bigger person (it's so hard, but so worth it...I am officially above any sort of juvenile drama)
- continually trying to be better at my job...so many little lives are effected by it
- completing the pre-collegiate camp, definitely the highlight of the summer
- becoming a really good cook, seriously, Paula Deen needs to watch out!
- always doing what is right, even though it's not always easy, and always being kind, you can never really tell what people are truly going through