Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One Whole Year


Hubs and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Sunday. We had an awesome day, very different from our wedding day but nonetheless awesome. The thing I have come to understand about my husband and I is that we are a pair. If you want one, you're going to get the other too. We are a package deal, me and the hubs. Two peas in a pod. Better together. I am crazy about him and I'm pretty sure he's pretty crazy about me.

Our first year of marriage has been great. We've settled into professional life, bought a house and spent a month of vacation. We've traveled internationally and across the country. We've been all over the place and as long as we're together, I don't mind where we're going or what we're doing. We work as a team, and at the end of the day we are able to laugh at ourselves and each other (not to mention some of the boneheads we encounter in our everyday lives). Sitting on the couch with hubs is just as fun as any date we could go on.

One of my favorite books is the wedding album we had made for ourselves and our family. I was looking at it the other day and I thought, "man, that was a fun day." Our wedding was fun; it was the culmination of two people loving each other so much that two families were able to come together and have a great time together. Looking at the candid pictures, there is not a bored face in the room. Just smiles and laughter. What can I say? Our wedding was amazing, but our marriage has been incredible.

With each anniversary I hope I can look at our wedding album and smile, reflecting on the day our marriage began. However, it's our marriage that has been the most shaping event in my life. Every day gets better.

I love you MGK. Thanks for the past year and thanks for the years to come.

1 comment:

Aron said...

CONGRATSSSSS!!!!! happy one year <3

Home