Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sore Legs

Last night the kids wanted to go for a run but they don't know the campus very well so I said I would take them running. I would stay a bit ahead I thought and they would trail me and we would chat, because surely, they've been in class all day, they're probably tired.

Have you ever run with 16 year olds? It's like running with jack rabbits. We started out and I stayed out front for about 3/4 of a mile. At that point, my lungs realized we were 5300 feet above sea level rather than 400 and they didn't like it. In fact, they were threatening to explode. I slowed down, more and more until I gasped to the kids, "Go ahead of me guys, just make sure I can see you." Then I slowed down to a very exaggerated power walk, gasping the entire time. I managed to pull out two miles, and when I arrived back to the dorms, my running buddies were in front, doing striders so they can get even faster. Kids these days, I tell ya.

This morning my legs are very sore. Not only from the run, but attending CU campus means walking and it means walking everywhere. I am loving it because after two days, I am seeing a vast difference in my legs. My college girl legs are coming back and I could not be more thrilled.

No comments:

Home