Monday, June 15, 2009

So Much To Do

We are coming off a fabulous weekend with our in-laws, Mama Jayne and Daddy Mac. They kind of had a whirlwind of a weekend. First they flew in really late at night on Thursday, so late in fact that hubs, my night owl, couldn't even stay up for their arrival. After four hours of sleep they got up and drove four hours down to the valley where Daddy Mac had an interview. That's right...my in-laws are moving to Texas!! We couldn't be more thrilled. Now, all we have to do is get my sister MKF down here and my world will be complete. (Let's see what she says to that one :-)) Usually when we visit each other the goodbyes are hard because we all know it will be awhile before we see each other again. Thankfully that wasn't the case this time because for one they are moving here and also because we'll see them next Saturday.

This is where the "so much to do" part comes in. We leave at 9am Wednesday for Colorado. We're going to drive to Ft. Worth where my dad lives, park my car at his house and he will drive us to Boulder from there. It's hilarious how excited he is for this trip. The man loves a good road trip. He drives to Colorado every year with his brother and nephews, who are all hilarious and great, and they have an awesome time. I don't think they ever stop laughing once they get in the truck. They also don't ever stop to go to the bathroom, but he has already been informed that his daughter DOES stop to go to the bathroom.

In between now and Wednesday morning, we've got a few things to do. I don't think I have ever packed for a three and half week trip, so this is a daunting task. Twelve of those days I will be at camp and my attire will represent such. Thank goodness the dorms will have laundry rooms and so will Mama Jayne.

We also have a house that we have to think about, which is hard. I somewhat feel like I'm leaving my child behind. We're going to clean the heck out of the place, unplug everything except the fridge, close all the doors and cover the windows (no window treatments yet). I'm sure there's more you have to do when you're closing down a house for three weeks, but I certainly can't remember.

Let's not forget my little Pippen. Aw. Today he will go to his Grandma's house in the country, with her two Corgies and cats. As I mentioned before, Pippen has had the life of a pampered indoor cat. He does not notice this fact until he goes to my mom's house in the country, where he is the only animal not allowed outside. He gets to watch my mom's cat Bonnie hunt and he gets to watch her dogs, Waylon and Dobby, play in the yard. It kills him and he makes escapes that never last. It's funny, because he'll make a break for it, then realize once outside that he has no idea where he is and he'll freeze in place, making it very easy for my mom to pick him up and take him in. I hate leaving him for that long but am so thankful that my mom lives close so we don't have to board him at some vet. He likes his new house:

Hopefully I'll find time to blog while I'm away. I know I'll have funny stories about pre-collegiate camp and I am so excited to be going back to CU.

No comments:

Home