Friday, June 26, 2009

My Husband Rocks

Wow. First of all I can not believe it is Friday. The days have kind of melded into one long superday known as camp. Even though the days have become blurred, I have not gone one moment without feeling appreciation for my husband.

He rocks because he is so good with these high schoolers. He helps with homework, he listens, he jokes around and he is truly in charge, which the kids really respect him for. I love to watch and learn. He has been a touchstone for me during this camp, as there is a lot to do and sometimes I just need someone to guide me. He rocks because of something he said to me a couple of days ago. I was laying on the dorm bed after a long, long day. He walked in and was clearly exhausted too. He looked at me and he said, "This is the most tiring thing I have ever been through and I have never been more exhausted, but I would do it everyday of my life." Believe it folks, he would. What we are doing here is exciting. What we are doing here is inspiring and fun and we are in the thick of it.

So, as we approach our first anniversary, I would say that my husband totally rocks. And I think that 67 high schooles, along with 16 PCs and one awesome director, (plus numerous family members) would totally agree.

No comments:

Home