Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am T-I-R-E-D

We have approximately three more days of camp. I have enjoyed every part of it and not only have I learned a lot about the kids, I have learned a lot about myself and my husband. These kids continue to impress me on a daily basis; their drive and determination knows no bounds. We need more young people like them; they make me feel immensely better about the future of our world.

That being said, I am tired. I am tired in my bones, in my skin, in my nose. My nerve endings are tired, my hair is tired, my eyelashes are tired. I think even a freckle or two of mine are tired. I woke up this morning at 6:15 and it was a struggle to get up. I will not lie, I had to really push myself this morning. This exhaustion must stem from the late nights (bedtime at midnight), early mornings (up and at 'em at 6:15), busy days (walking approx. 5 miles a day...no lie, I did the math), and active evenings (basketball for three hours straight, an hour of swimming).

We have been busy and I am feeling it. In a fit of exhaustion last night I told the hubs that I would be so glad when camp was over so I could have my 9:30 bedtime back. He told me to go to sleep. Even through my exhaustion though our attitudes have stayed the same and as long as the kids can't tell that I'm tired, then I'm okay. They are the reason we are here and even though I am crazy tired, I will do whatever I can to make sure this is a great experience for them.

Just a minute ago I got up to look out the window (there is heavy construction right now and I wanted to see exactly what is going on out there) and being so tired, I don't have complete control of my limbs. My hand made impact with a bed post and wow. Let's just say I am a little more awake now (especially my left hand). My fingers are involuntarily curling in. Nice.

I have to go. There is ice that needs to be put on my now throbbing hand and papers that need to be printed out. I hope this finds you well and full of energy. If not, go take a nap or get some coffee! I doubt you have 67 teenagers to look after. :)

No comments:

Home