Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More lemons...more lemonade

Well friends, look to your right. There is a cute little ticker there that says we are closing tomorrow. I wish I could tell you that it was still the case. But it's not. The closing date had to be pushed back because of the slowpoke's at the appraisal office, so we close next week. I'll admit, this was disappointing. We really want to move into our home! We're all packed and we're ready to get going. However, it turns out this is pretty normal when it comes to home-buying. My realtor wasn't bothered by it at all and had to remember that we're first time home-buyers so of course we're going to be upset by it. We're not upset anymore, just know that waiting is part of the game. So, those were our lemons. Now, it's hard to make lemonade out of this situation, but we can be positive, which might be the same thing. We're not in a rush to get out of our apartment, we have until the 31st. So, it can be pushed back even more however I don't think that anyone involved wants to do that. We didn't put ourselves in a position where we had to be out of here on purpose because in the back of our minds we knew that we might hit a snag in the road. So, one more weekend in the crapartment. One more weekend with the sparrow. I can do it! I know I can.

In other news, my nails are growing out so nicely but I am just not used to them. Today I cut myself in the face with one, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to type. But, they're pretty and I'm swine flu-free, so hey, that's good.

Dang, that's some tasty lemonade.

No comments:

Home