Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Menu

Today is the Superbowl and I'm about to get busy in the kitchen. Here's what I'm making:

Queso with Spicy Italian Sausage
  • Matt likes this queso a lot, I know he does, but he will rarely ask me to make it. He likes his "salsa cheese" which is basically half a bottle of Picante dumped over some Velveeta, then microwaved. Then, he dumps a bottle of Tabasco on top of that and has a field day. Today we are serving others, so the Tabasco will be an option on the side, not a mandatory part of the cheese dip.

Creamy Corn Puffs

  • I've never made these before but I've always wanted to make them. You take those fun little "dips" tortilla chips and you fill them with a mixture of corn, cream cheese, egg and jack cheese. You bake them for 20 mins and sprinkle with cilantro. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

  • This is a crockpot recipe where you take canned artichoke hearts, spinach, red bell pepper, green chiles and cream cheese and you mix them and let them simmer for two hours. At the very end you add jack cheese. De-lic-ious.

Lil Smokies Sausages

  • Matt's Grandma K made these once when were visiting. We had never had them before and had a field day with them. They're just tiny sausages that you simmer in barbeque sauce for awhile, then eat them.

Ranch Dip

  • Pretty self explanatory; just a little note: do not EVER, under any circumstance, buy the "Deans" brand ranch dip. You will regret it. We get the HEB brand and it's delicious.

Wings with a Variety of Sauces

  • We got an awesome deep fryer for our wedding and have since been wing connoisseurs. Matt will be frying them up and then drenching them with different sauces.

Tylenol Cold and Flu

  • No, I will not be lacing our food with this medicine. Poor MGK woke up sick this morning and he will be taking two of those pills every four hours, plus drinking plenty of Gatorade. I'm sure all the "healthy" food I'm preparing will help him feel better too.

There you have it. Apparently tomorrow we'll be going in for voluntary angioplasties. While I am not a big fan of football, I really want Arizona to win for two reasons.

  1. I love the Kurt Warner underdog story. Matt has indoctrinated me with this story and I will tell it forever. I want Kurt to win this because I've been to the Hyvee, so I feel like I'm familiar with his roots.
  2. Arizona needs to win because I know John McCain is sitting at home rooting for them. He didn't win the election, so he needs some sort of win to lift his spirits.

Another reason I'm excited for the Superbowl: the one hour episode of the Office that follows!

Today is going to be the best day.

No comments:

Home