Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Thought I Enjoyed Winter Break in College...

That was until I became a teacher. Now, the two weeks of freedom we have off at the end of December are the most glorious weeks of the year. It's very significant too; my babies are no longer really babies; they are truly third graders and some of them are becoming fourth graders right before my very eyes.

I also love this time of year because of all the family time I've been blessed with. We spent the weekend with my mom, just hanging out, talking and playing games. (I won my first Phase 10 game ever!!!) I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with the great Mollye, my awesome sister. We sure do laugh a lot. My husband and I had a good Monday together, resting and hanging out. Now my dad is here from Ft. Worth and we've just been visiting. The 26th, Matt's mom and step-dad are flying in. We are so blessed to have family who will travel to see us, who love us so much that they're willing to come in from out of town to see us. When I think that some people don't have that familial bond in their life, well, it makes me that much more thankful.

It's cold outside, I'm up here typing, and my dad and husband are watching basketball. This is my vacation, and I'm not going to have to leave my home. (Except for on the 27th, when we go visit Gma Funk.) This has been a great break and it's barely started.

No comments:

Home