Sunday, October 12, 2008

So, how is that diet going?

Well, husbandly and I have had some busy couple of weeks. What with his first year of teaching, my third year of teaching and a couple of weddings in between, our schedules have been turned on their ears. It's not that we haven't been making a concerted effort to get back into the swing of things, but you know, it's hard.

Cut to the diet: how is it going? Well, due to my busy-ness, it's kind of plateaued. The good news is I haven't gained any weight, but the bad news is that I haven't lost any weight. I haven't been running as much either, a fact that my husband reminds me of everyday.

"Did you run today?"

No, I got home late.

"Did you forget we're running a half marathon in a month?"

No, I didn't forget.

"I can't carry you those 13 miles you know, you're going to have to do it yourself."

Listen buddy, I can at least walk if I have to.

And this is what goes on nightly. I think that when I signed us up for the half marathon, I simply forgot that it would be in the middle of the second nine weeks, right before Thanksgiving Break, which is simply a back breaking time of year in a school. There's all sorts of things going on, all sorts of tests being taken and all sorts of little extras to be done. All the other races I've run have been A) In college, which I now know was the cushiest, easiest time of my life. What I wouldn't give to be able to spend my days waking up at 8:30, going to class at 9:15, learning about Spanish literature from the Golden age and US-Latin American relations all day, getting home at 2:30 to watch Roseanne reruns and strolling into work at 4:3o to work a four hour shift.
I digress. B) During summer. Relatively nothing going on. I had already finished finals and had the world at my finger tips.

So, this race that I'm about to run has taken a backseat to all my other priorities. And this one is 13 miles to boot. I know I've got to be serious about it, but I'm already so serious about so many other things: my husband, his job, my job, my diet, making sure my husband eats, making sure the cat is not completely ignored. I'm just busy.

But, I'll keep all posted on the diet thing. Hope that the plateau will indeed start on the downward slope again once I get serious about running 13 miles.

No comments:

Home