I was reviewing what I've written so far, which has been a lot. I fully expect to be slowing down the posts starting next week as that is when I start school stuff again! Anyhow, I was rereading what I've written and realize I've made it sound like I have no vices and am never tempted by anything unhealthy. Trust me, I am.
Here are a few of the things I am tempted by:
1. my mom's delicious chocolate cake (Which she'll make me on my b-day. What can I say, she thinks I'm beautiful the way I am. You can't beat that.)
2. potato chips (MGK buys them and keeps them on the top shelf in the laundry room. Yes babe, I know they're there.)
3. Cold Stone ice cream (I combat that one easily as it's very expensive.)
4. Starbucks (During the summer, fighting this craving is easy, but during the school year it's much harder. Nothing takes stress away better than getting in the car during planning and zooming to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte with soy.)
5. Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls (MGK and I don't go out to eat very much, but if we go here, we are getting these, no matter what. I still haven't looked up the nutritionals on them because I know they're horrendous.)
6. Bean and cheese tacos (During the school year, these will be a fight. You see, every professional development or workday or Friday, someone from our team goes and buys these things for everyone. We all know what kind is our favorite, so we don't even ask anymore. There is an EXCELLENT taco place down the road and it puts just the right amount of lard filled refried beans and cheddar cheese and the softest homemade flour tortilla.)
7. Pizza (I can make a mean homemade pizza that is pretty healthy, but nothing compares to a good ol' Papa John's cheesy pizza.)
There you have it. I probably have more, but either I just can't think of more or I don't want to admit I have more vices than that. My rule is this: don't cut anything out of your diet completely, and eat a little of everything in moderation. Then go run your butt off. You're training for a half marathon you know. Yep, that's my thought process.
It's worked so far...