Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Pros and Cons of Two

We are a month into the twos, so I thought I would break down some pros and cons of having a two year old around.
Pros
1.  Talking.  My boy is saying sentences, asking questions, singing songs and has an ever growing vocabulary.  It is so fun to talk to him!

2.  Potty training.  We said good-bye to diapers over Easter weekend and haven't looked back.  I'll go into more detail later, but we followed the Three Day Potty Training Method by Lora Jensen to a T.  We have moved on to big boy undies!

3.  Awesome imagination.  The things this boy comes up with.  He gets busy in his kitchen and makes us wonderful feasts, he sits in his sandbox and epic battles occur.  He's really quite amazing.

4.  Independence.  Whether he's taking off his own shirt, putting his boots on or feeding himself, Toph's motto is "My do it, mama."

5.  Soccer.  He started playing with the Little Kickers group here in town and he LOVES it.  We have a blast watching him run after the ball.

However, the twos have not been all sunshine and butterflies.

1. Tantrums.  He throws them.  They're not fun.

2. Independence.  Oh, was that in my pros column?  Oh, because it's also in my cons column.  If we need to be somewhere, this independence thing can be wearing.

3. Potty accidents.  Hand in hand with potty training, I can handle the accidents.  Especially if they are of the number one variety.  I'm not the biggest fan of the number two accidents, but luckily we've only had one of those.

4.  Talking.  What? This was in the pros section too?  Well, I love how verbal he is!  Until he tells me "Stop it!" or "Leave me lone!"

In sum, I love the twos.  I love my boy.  This is a really great age.

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post had me laughing! I agree with everything. Twos are a lot of fun until they aren't, lol. I can't wait to hear about potty training. Landon want's nothing to do with it and I want him trained buy August if I can.

Home