I might have said an expletive because the stubble came out of nowhere. I just shaved two days ago and you're telling me I need to do it again? I mean, every couple of days, sure. But every day??? When will I blog?
Ugh. I don't want to. It's annoying that I want to wear dresses 95% of the time during summer but can not if I have not shaved my legs. I don't shave my legs about 50% of the time. So, we're talking a lot of conflicts between my legs and wardrobe.
I became annoyed with summer right then and there, which led to a negative downward spiral, during which I formulated the following list:
1. The oppressive heat. I'm all about a nice hot day. That being said, when it gets above 95 degrees, I start getting boob sweat. This does not make me happy. If summer would just keep it to 90 or lower, I'd be just fine because my boobs would remain dry.
2. The high humidity. Today, the humidity is at 60%, whatever that means. All I know is that I can't wear my hair curly or straight during high humidity days. I can only wear it one way:
3. The very inappropriately dressed neighbor girl. This high heat makes me want to take my clothes off and I have been guilty of walking around in revealing clothing. In my home. The 17 year old neighbor girl thinks it's okay to walk around in shorts so short her rear end hangs out the bottom, coupled with a top that does us the favor of covering her nipples. What's so weird is that all the other male neighbors on the street go water their yards when she's outside.
4. The drought. There are some places in the US where it has rained so much, levees are breaking and it's quite scary. It hasn't properly rained here in months and our poor aquifer is getting low. Plus, I feel super guilty when I fill my baby's water table up. There goes the aquifer, I think to myself. I'll fill that table up bold as brass though because it gets the kid outside. One thing I've learned about Toph this summer is that he is NOT an inside baby.
5. The critters. Ants. Wasps. Cicadas. Birds. All of them are flocking to our house in search of cool air, water and food. Not only that, I can't seem to let Toph roam in his own backyard. Yesterday, he came face to face with a wasp nest on our fence and was about to grab it when I grabbed him. Not cool.
6. Nothing good on TV. All our shows have been replaced with wacky summer reality TV and it's worthless. I found myself blogging last night with Antique Roadshow on in the background. When I saw that I was getting too emotionally involved with the people who were hawking their goods, I knew it was time to change the channel. I settled on Walker, Texas Ranger as a substitute. Chuck Norris can do no wrong.
What's annoying you about summer? Be honest; it's okay to hate on summer a little bit.