Thursday, November 25, 2010

‎"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." -W.T. Purkiser

I have much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my family of three, of the laughter that comes out of this house, for our impromptu adventures and our late night scheming; I am thankful.

I am thankful for my baby boy, so happy and sweet, with his constant smile, his infectious laugh and the pure, unadulterated joy he has brought to my life; I am thankful.

I am thankful for my husband, my better half, my soulmate; I am thankful for companionship, for his nearness, he is my rock; I am thankful.

I am thankful for the roof over my head, with it's cozy beds and inviting couches, for it's walls that hold so much joy and laughter; I am thankful.

I am thankful for family; for their advice, company, long phone calls, for the laughs we share, for their generosity; I am thankful.

I am thankful for my job, with its constant challenges and excitement; my students continue to teach me everyday; I am thankful.

I am blessed, so therefore it goes without saying that I give thanks to God everyday for my numerous blessings.  It is not enough to say thanks to God; to honor Him I must show Him I am thankful by being a good steward of these blessings.  By raising my boy love Him, by honoring my husband every day, by doing the best possible job at work, by being a good sister and daughter.  To whom much is given, much is expected.

That being said, I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Home