Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Letter to Daddy

Dear Daddy,

Mama said since it's Father's Day, that I should get on her blog and write you a letter. I've been going through some of these old posts and I just have one question.
Who's Lulu?

Anyway Daddy, I knew I loved you the minute I saw your face. It was kind of hazy, and I'd had a long day (all of a sudden my warm home started to squeeze me out!), but I knew you the minute I saw your face. You're the guy that made mama laugh all those months before! Now both of us are making her laugh.

I'm glad you're my daddy for a lot of reasons.

First of all, you are a champion swaddler. We both know I make it my life's mission to break out of a swaddle but yours always prove difficult to undo.


Second of all, we go places together. Remember when I was brand new and mama was so scared to take me out into public? You convinced her it was good for both of us. I like going places with you because you're normally out buying stuff for me! A boy could get used to this.


I love you daddy because you carry me around everywhere. It doesn't matter if you're making food, talking on the phone or watching TV; you've always got me in your arms.


I love you daddy because you play with me! I can't wait until I can run around in the driveway with you, but for now, I am completely content with our games on the rug.

I love you daddy because I feel safe with you; even when I'm not exactly happy with you.

I love you daddy because you're my dad. I hope you have a great Father's Day; mama and I are both so lucky to have you!


I love you
Toph

No comments:

Home