Saturday, May 22, 2010

Two Months!

Yesterday our sweet boy had his two month appointment. I look forward to these because I want to see how much he's grown and I dread these because of those ugly (but very necessary) shots.

Our guy did great! He laid on the table and bounced and cooed and smiled. Sometimes I say it looks like he's trying to gallop away the way he kicks his legs when he's laying on his back. Our pedi gave us a glowing report health-wise; our prayers were truly answered when we prayed for a healthy baby and we give all the glory to God! He's a healthy little guy and mom's breastmilk is doing it's job!

He weighs 12lb, 8oz (50th percentile) and is measuring 23 and 3/4 inches long (90th percentile). He has grown a total of 3 and 3/4 inches since birth and the pedi said that if he keeps that up, we're looking at having a boy whose 6'4 when all is said and done! It's hard for me to wrap my head around that, because I'm pretty sure I'll always think I can pick him up and carry him around.

Let me just say that my boy keeps me in his line of sight all the time. When the doc was looking him over, he was looking at me. He looked at me the entire time and when the nurse came in to give him those ugly shots, she turned him so he was facing her, and he still never took his eyes off me! Yesterday I was getting ready for our end of the year party (yeah, I still went, even though I haven't worked in two months; a good friend was retiring), hubs was in the bathroom holding Toph and we were chatting. Well, Toph's new favorite way to be held is facing out so he can see everything, but the only thing he looked at the entire time was me. Hubs did this thing were he would move back and forth, and those sweet little eyes stayed right on me. Heartmelting; we only have eyes for each other!

Of course, he had to get three shots and did the goat cry through the whole thing. He quieted down after a couple of minutes of mama and daddy time. He was extra sleepy yesterday and a little fussier, but his appetite wasn't affected, so that was good.

All in all, it was a good Friday with my boys. I also had "mama's first night out" when I went to the party for school. Hubs basically had to kick me out the door, but I did have fun. After being out about two hours, I found myself getting my cell phone out, not to send a text, but to flip through pictures I've taken of Toph. I needed to see his face. Having a child now means he's always in the back of my mind, not far away from every thought I have. He makes coming home extra special.

No comments:

Home