Saturday, August 9, 2008

Foods I Can't Do Without

Well, the verdict is in and the four people that cared to vote on the name of my new diet decided to coin it "Operation Happily Ever After" (hereinafter known as OHEA).

Following is a list of foods that help me get through OHEA successfully:

1. Slimfast Optima in Milk chocolate: 210 calories
This tastes just like chocolate milk and is a nice morning treat for me.

2. Fiber One granola bars in oats-n-chocolate. 140 calories. These have nine grams of fiber, which as I've said before is an essential part of any diet. And, they taste like a candy bar. Mmm.

3. Part-skim mozzarella sticks, 70 calories. I like these on several levels: one, they are a great snack. I personally don't string them. I had a friend in high school who would cut your eyes out if you didn't string them apart to eat them (TF-I'm talking to you ;) ). I also use these in my salads. I chop them up and add them to my salads.

4. Fuji apples, 70 calories. These are part of my daily breakfast. I especially love it now because my sister got me this really cool apple slicer and I get to use it every time I slice an apple. Ah, life's little pleasures.

5. Eggs, 70 calories. I admit, I like these because of all the kitchen gadgets that they've come out with to make eggs easier to prepare. Generally, I hard boil my eggs, then get my new handy dandy egg slicer (compliments of MKF) and slice it onto my salads.

6. Soy milk, 11o calories. I drink a cup of this every day to promote heart health. Plus, it helps me get my vitamins down every day. I can't take pills with water, so the soy milk helps and I hate the way white milk tastes by itself.

7. Baby carrots, 35 calories for about 13. Tasty snack, but don't overdo them because they will make your cuticles turn orange.

8. Pre-washed salad mix, 30 calories. I like this because I don't have to fool with chopping up salad stuff.

There you have it. Things that make OHEA a little easier.

No comments:

Home